Thursday 27 June 2013

The Starkins Review

Firstly I'd like to really apologise for the lack of blog posts lately. I had exams and stuff so it was difficult to find the time, but I'm here now, so thanks for sticking with me :)

Pwoah, I wasn't originally going to write about this band, actually to tell the truth, when I began writing this post I hadn't heard their music. But as I was doing some research on other artists, I saw a comment that brought me to The Starkins youtube channel, and I am so glad that I found them!

The Starkins - Matt Elliss, Andy Daniels, Will Campbell, and Joe Elliss.
(This is not my photo, reference is below)

The Starkins were formed in late 2010, they have a good youtube following currently, but as it isn't enormous I didn't know what to expect. I was blown away, seriously, these guys have such a talent; there music is catchy and upbeat, easy to listen to, without being even slightly boring. The boys are so talented as artists and as musicians. Their music is the type of thing you could have playing in the background of whatever you are doing (like I have playing right now haha), or the type of music to be really focusing on, giving all of your attention to, which I personally think is something really hard to achieve, but they sure have managed.

The Starkins consists of 4 guys; Joe Elliss on drums, Matt Elliss on guitar and backing vocals, Will Campbell on bass guitar and backing vocals, and lead vocals by Andy Daniels. Don't let the fact that The Starkins, being a band made up of four young guys, make you think they will be the average cliched boy band, these guys are anything but that; with their own sound and unique vibe they give off.
Although they admit to being influenced by the rock genre and bands, The Starkins are so original in their concepts, vibe, and sounds, and I think this is a main contributor to their success.



I am positive that The Starkins will become hugely popular in the near future, and I really hope so, their talent is something that really deserves all the attention it can get. And...I'm not going to lie here, I find them so refreshing in the way that their songs are really vibrant. They aren't the classic teenage artists singing about how hard life in our generation is...their lyrics are interesting, and different, they are singing the truth of life! They aren't overly dramatic, but their lyrics do bring emotion with them. They genuinely have found the perfect balance between pop culture and the indie genre of music.

If you haven't heard this tremendous band as of yet...what are you doing? Go! Now! Make a new tab, come on! I highly recommend their SoundCloud (which is linked below).
I genuinely love all of their music, they bring something new and fresh to the music industry, which is something we really needed if you ask me.

I will surely be watching the popularity surrounding these guys grow in the future, and if they ever come to Australia, I will most definitely be there!

I would quickly like to thank The Starkins - Matt, Andy, Joe and Will for being so supportive of this blog post too.
As always, their links are below, so go check them out!

Website: http://www.thestarkins.com
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheStarkins
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/thestarkins
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheStarkins
Instagram: thestarkinsofficial
Twitter: @The_Starkins
(follow them on Twitter so that they are less bitter (pwoah, that is a great joke and reference to their song Happy For Today) haha).

- Stella Grace xo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pictures used are from 
http://www.thestarkins.com/images/head-img7.pngs
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427968_396181380447782_2075116963_n.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment